As a floor manager, I act as the show management liaison between exhibitors, the convention center and the show contractor.
My main duties include:
- Walk the show floor before set-up to ensure the show contractor has set up the pipe and drape in accordance to the final floor plan
- Welcome exhibitors to the hall during set-up and answer their questions
- Address exhibitors that fail to set-up their booth by show opening and ensure exhibitors keep their booth in place until show closing
- Ensure exhibitors adhere to the display rules and regulations as set forth by the association
- Open and close the show each day
- Promote Show Management’s programs to exhibitors (show bulletins, tax forms, surveys, etc.)
- Regularly walk the show floor during exhibit hours to ensure all exhibitors and attendees are acting in an ethical manner. Address complaints as needed.